Aloha! Are you searching for the perfect place to have a vacation? Search no more because I have a suggestion for you. Hawaii – a place where you can see the majestic beauty of nature, have fun, and experience a vacation like no other.
Explore clear water beaches, see grand volcanoes, go hiking, eat some great-tasting cuisine, and experience the wonderful Hawaiian culture. With so many possibilities, how do you pick the best Hawaiian Islands for your dream vacation? Hopefully, this article can give you some tips how you can enjoy your Hawaii vacation.
The Islands of Hawaii
Choosing the right island depends on the activities you want to do while taking your amazing Hawaii vacation. There are six islands that you can visit, each one with its own personality and charm.
Want to go whale watching? December 15 to April 15 – that is the official whale-watching season on the island of Maui. See Humpback Whales up close and personal as they migrate from their feeding grounds in Alaska. Surely, that would be an experience to remember.
Also called “The Valley Isle,” Maui is a watersports haven for visitors. The Ka’anapali Beach is perfect for swimming, snorkeling, and provides a great view of beachfront hotels. Kanaha Beach is a popular destination for windsurfing. If catching big waves is your thing, you can go surfing at Hookipa Beach Park.
Maui is dubbed “Best Island in the World” by many travel websites. It is the perfect destination for nature lovers. Have a wonderful time visiting the waterfalls in Haleakala National Park. Drive along the scenic Hana Highway passing by mountains, beaches, and waterfalls.
Have a little playtime with the wind by kiteboarding or kitesurfing at Kite Beach. You can do all of that, plus more. Maui is the best island for beaches, hiking, and food.
Also known as “The Gathering Place,” Oahu is one of the most famous islands in Hawaii. Some of the well-known tourist spots on the island are the North Shore Beach, Waikiki Beach, the historic Pearl Harbor, just to name a few.
Oahu has the highest population of all the Hawaiian Islands. It is where you will find the state capital Honolulu, the largest city in Hawaii. So, if you want to experience the beauty of nature incorporated into modern living, Oahu is the place for you.
If you want to party, the bustling nightspots will keep your energy up. Bars and restaurants are the perfect places to hang out with family and friends. Oahu is the island for you if you want beaches, food, and culture.
The island of Hawaii is also called Big Island to avoid confusion. Hawaii is a US state, and one of the islands there is also named Hawaii. This island is the biggest in the Hawaiian archipelago.
It is where you can find one of the most active volcanoes on Earth – the Kilauea volcano. Tourists can view it at the Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. You can also see the Mauna Loa – the largest volcano in the world.
You can also explore black sand beaches, coffee farms, and amazing waterfalls. The Big Island is perfect for people who enjoy hiking, wildlife, and nature.
In 1922, James Dole bought the island and developed it into the world’s biggest pineapple plantation. Because of its history, Lanai is also known as Pineapple Island. In 2012, Larry Ellison, then the Chief Executive Officer of Oracle, bought 98% of Castle and Cooke’s (owner of Dole) share of the island.
What activities can you do on this “private island?” For starters, there are two resort hotels in Lanai, the Four Seasons Resort Lanai and the Lodge at Koele. If playing golf is your thing, you can choose among the three golf courses.
On the north shore, you can find the Shipwreck Beach – so named because it is where you can find the wreck of a sea vessel built during World War II. To explore the entire island, you can rent off-road vehicles or bicycles. If you want privacy, Lanai is the island for you.
Tourism is not the main focus on this “Friendly Island.” Instead, the local people want to preserve the natural beauty of Molokai. The island features pristine, breathtaking landscapes.
Some of the places that you can visit are the town of Kaunakakai, Halawa Valley, and the Kalaupapa National Historical Park. People who like culture, history, and adventure can choose Molokai as their destination.
Jurassic Park, Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark, and King Kong – do you know what these movies have in common? These blockbuster movies used Kauai as a location during filming. The “Garden Isle” of Kauai is the oldest of all the islands in Hawaii.
Kauai is blessed with natural beauty and picturesque scenery. The island is home to the Waimea Canyon, one of its most popular tourist attractions. The canyon is 16 kilometers long and 3,000 feet deep; that is why it is called the Grand Canyon of the Pacific.
Other popular tourist spots include Poipu Beach Park, Na Pali Coast State Park (great for hiking and camping), and Moloaa Bay. Kauai is the perfect island for you if you want beaches, landscapes, and lifestyle.
Top 10 Things to Do in Hawaii
- Beach Hopping – Hawaii is home to some of the best beaches in the world. Your vacation won’t be complete if you have not experienced the sun, sand, and clear waters of Hawaii. Each has its own “personality” and features that will suit the tastes of any tourist.
- Whale Watching – Get ready for one of the most memorable experiences you will ever have in Hawaii. See the majestic 40-ton Humpback Whales up close and personal as they migrate from the waters of Alaska to the Pacific islands.
- Sightseeing – There are so many beautiful sights to see in Hawaii that you probably won’t know where to start. Hawaii is well-known for its beautiful beaches and majestic volcanoes. It is where you will find Mauna Loa, the largest volcano on Earth, and Kilauea, probably the most active volcano in the world.
- Snorkeling – See coral reefs, the Green Hawaiian Sea Turtle, and tropical fish native to the Pacific Ocean. Before embarking on your underwater adventure, make sure that you receive proper guidance from a professional.
- Hiking – Forests, mountains, valleys, volcanoes, and coastlines – there are lots of places that visitors can explore. Hawaii is blessed with breathtaking landscapes and picturesque sceneries that nature lovers will surely enjoy.
- Cultural Attractions – Hawaii is known for its rich culture and traditions. When vacationing in Hawaii, make sure you experience first-hand its colorful heritage. Dance to the Hula, watch the fire dancers and enjoy traditional luau feasts.
- Golf – Whether you an amateur or a professional, the Hawaiian landscape is the perfect backdrop for a relaxing game of golf.
- Surfing – Surfers from all over the world visit Hawaii for one reason – to catch the big waves of the Pacific Ocean. You can find surfing spots all over the Hawaiian Islands; take your pick.
- Sunset Cruises – If you want a romantic getaway with your special someone, you definitely would want a sunset cruise. Make your Hawaiian vacation a memorable one by exploring the beautiful sceneries while eating gourmet food and drinking champagne.
- Helicopter Tours – Have you ever been in a helicopter? If not, then your Hawaiian vacation is about to become more exciting. A handful of companies offer helicopter tours for you to see the beauty of Hawaii on a “whole new level.”
Doesn’t Matter Which Hawaiian Island You Pick For A Memorable Trip
The Hawaiian Islands are the perfect setting for your once-in-a-lifetime vacation. Explore the most beautiful beaches in the world, the most active volcanoes, and the most beautiful sceneries you will ever see.
A Hawaii vacation is the perfect gift for yourself, your special someone, and the whole family. So, what are you waiting for? Visit Hawaii today.